Papad has always been a side dish that is eaten either deep-fried or roasted along with our meals. However, Chef Saransh Goila has put an innovative and tasty twist on regular papad by turning it into a quick one-pot meal. Don't believe us? Chef Goila has shared a video demonstrating how to turn regular papad into a yummy pasta dish. The dish looks exactly like pasta and no one would ever guess that it was made using papad. Ingenious right? So the next time you're craving a bowl of yummy pasta but are out of pasta and noodles just grab a packet of papad and use the recipe by Chef Goila to turn it into a quick and easy pasta dish.
Chef Goila shared the video on his Instagram timeline along with a detailed caption. In it, he wrote, “Papad Aglio e Olio. People are making chips with pasta so I thought why not make pasta with papad. After all, cooking has no boundaries. I dared myself and made this for lunch. What was bound to fail ended up being very very tasty.”
To make Chef Goila's papad Aglio e Olio you will need the following ingredients:
1) A packet of papad
2) Olive Oil or any neutral oil
3) Plenty of chopped garlic
6) Chilli Flakes
8) Basil Leaves
1. Begin by cutting the uncooked papad into thin strips, similar to pad thai noodles or pappardelle pasta.
2. Boil some water and add some oil to it and boil the uncooked papad in the boiling water for 2 minutes.
3. Strain the papad and put it in a bowl of ice-cold water.
4. In a pan, heat some olive oil and add your chopped garlic. Sautee for a minute and add chilli flakes along with salt and pepper.
5. Add your papad pasta to the pan and mix until it is coated in garlic and chilli oil. Top with cheese and basil. Serve hot and enjoy.
Saransh Goila often posts quick food recipes on his Instagram timeline. Previously the celebrity chef had shared a fun and yummy recipe made using regular phulkas. He added a healthy and colourful twist to phulkas using beetroot and spinach. Read all about it here.
Let us know in the comments below what you thought of chef Saransh Goila's unique and tasty papad pasta recipe.