Sometimes, all you crave is a platter of steaming hot khichdi cooked with rice and lentils accompanied by pickle, curd or poppadom. Isn't it? Well, this comfort meal is a go-to dish for many Indians across the nation. It's a single power-packed delicacy that not only tastes yummy but also carries carbohydrates, and vitamins, among other nutrients. Above all this, it's light on the stomach so you can have it even when you are sick. There are ample ways to prepare khichdi. However, if you are looking for a simple yet drool-worthy recipe for this food item, do refer to chef Saransh Goila's latest video. He has shared a recipe for scrumptious do daal ki khichdi that carries the goodness of moong dal and toor dal along with rice.
In the caption, he mentioned, “Khichdi has to be the healthiest and most comforting of all Indian food especially if you get the ratios right! This 2 Dal Khichdi is the way we make khichdi at home.”
1)Green moong dal - 1/2 cup
2) Toor dal - 1/2 cup
3) Rice – 1 cup
4) Ghee - 1 tablespoon
5) Jeera - 1 tablespoon
6) Garlic (chopped) - 2 tablespoons
7) Green chilli (chopped) – 1
8) Medium onions (chopped) - 2
9) Medium tomato (chopped) - 1
10) Red chilli powder - 2 tablespoons
11) Coriander powder - 2 tablespoons
12) Haldi powder - 1/2 tablespoon
13) Salt for taste
For the tadka
1)Ghee - 1 tablespoon
2) Dry red chilli - 2
3) Curry leaves - 6-8
4) A pinch of hing
How to make this super delicious do daal ki khichdi?
1)First of all, take green moong dal, toor dal and rice. You can mix them all and soak them for about half an hour.
2) In a pressure cooker, heat some ghee and add jeera. Put finely chopped garlic followed by green chilli. Add chopped onion and mix well. Saute it until translucent.
3) Now, add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Put the soaked dal and rice mixture. Now, you have to add masalas including red chilli powder, coriander powder and haldi powder. Blend it all very well.
4) Add water to the preparation and finally, salt before closing the cooker for further process. Let the dish cook for about three whistles. Once you open the cooker, you will see that the khichdi is ready.
5) Make a good tadka to add that extra zest to your recipe. For the same, heat some ghee in a tadka pan. Put two dry red chillies, curry leaves and a pinch of hing. Pour it on the khichdi and you are good to go.
So, if you are looking for a light and healthy meal packed with a punch of flavours, this is the best dish you can prepare quickly at home.