1. St. Lawrence Market, Toronto St. Lawrence is one of the best food markets in the world. It is an ultimate food junction for tourists and local people. Since 1803, St. Lawrence Market has been the culinary focal point of the city of Toronto. The market has more than 120+ vendors selling products grown within Toronto including the fresh produce, homemade cakes and pies, bread and other local products etc. This market also sells imported items such as tropical fruits or other food items which are not easily available in Toronto.
2. Borough Market, LondonIt is one of the world's oldest yet biggest market for fruits and vegetables. This market has been running since 1755 and is truly famous for its fresh food. The market usually sells all types of fresh fruits and vegetables and other speciality foods. Vendors from different parts of the UK are believed to come here to export and import European foods.
3. BE Boulangepicier, Spain It is one of the most popular and biggest markets in Barcelona and gives you a chance to explore Spanish food, veggies and exclusive spices. It offers you a wide range of flavours and tastes. Even desserts and chocolates too are offered here in large numbers. BE is the perfect place to get a glimpse of the Spanish food culture.
4. Or Tor Kor Market, BangkokIt is known to be as world's 4th biggest fresh market offering infinite varieties of fruits, vegetables, and other food items. If you ever happen to be in Bangkok, then you must visit this place. It also has Thai snacks, desserts, ready-to-eat meals, curries, stir fried dishes etc. This market surely won't let you down and you can spend hours here by just trying different kinds of traditional foods.
5. Khari Baoli, IndiaIt is known to be as world's grandest wholesaling market of spices and offers all kind of spices, nuts, herbs and food products like rice and tea. It is famous among the tourists for showcasing its specialties.
If you are a food lover and happen to be in any of these countries, then do visit these food markets at least once to explore different food cultures.Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.