The internet never runs out of new and amusing food trends. Remember the time we almost broke our wrist whipping coffee to make the perfect Dalgona Coffee last summer? Or the 'banana bread' obsession that we haven't yet fully recovered from? One of the latest food trends to have hit the block is that feta pasta. You may have already seen it on Instagram; here you take a tray, place your pasta ingredients like cherry tomatoes, olive oil and herbs on a tray. Put a cube of feta right at the centre, drizzle some more olive oil, heat it in the microwave, and finally mix the feta with everything else to get your easy-peasy and creamy pasta. People are giving this trend their own spin, food vlogger and Mumbai-based YouTuber Alpa also posted her version of the recipe- and it looks so ridiculously simple that you won't stop making it.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Take a pan or a vessel that can fit into your cooker.
2. Add cherry tomatoes, spread them out evenly.
3. Add mixed Italian herbs on top, followed by chilli flakes, black pepper powder and salt.
4. Now, add garlic cloves, basil leaves followed by olive oil. Mix everything together till the tomatoes are nicely coated.
5. Make some space for the feta cheese and place it gently, add a little bit of olive oil.
6. Throw in some herbs, black pepper powder, chilli flakes and salt.
7. You can place the pan in a preheated oven for 10 mins at 200 degree Celsius. Bake it for 35 minutes at 200 degrees.
8. If you do not have a pan, you can take a large kadhai, add some salt at the bottom, place a stand in the centre. Cover it with a lid. Turn the flame on high and preheat the kadhai for 10 minutes.
9. Remove the lid, put the pan on top of the stand and cover it up with the lid. Make sure the lid is tight and airtight. Cook on high flame for the next 35 minutes.
10. In the meanwhile, boil the pasta of your choice in salted water until it is al dente. Once done, keep the pasta aside, and also save about two cups of water. Toss away the rest.
11. Now take out the pan with feta cheese and tomatoes. Take a blender, add the feta cheese, a few tomatoes and garlic. Add that water you kept aside and blend it together.
12. Pour this cheese blend on top of the tomatoes and give everything a good mix.
13. Add the cooked pasta and mix everything again. Add some basil leaves for freshness and serve hot.
(Also Read: How To Make The Perfect Pasta; 7 Expert Tips)
Watch The Full Recipe Video posted on the YouTube channel 'Something's Cooking With Alpa' Here:
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.