If you've decided to lose weight then stop what you're doing and first get yourself a glass of fresh juice made with fruits, vegetables or both. It's possible that between cramming yourself with information about fad diets, the right exercise regime and calorie intake, you may have missed out on including foods that give you the essential minerals and nutrients you need. But the right combination of fruit and vegetable juices can deal with all of that and much more. Natural juice along with a customized diet can help you achieve your weight loss targets much quicker and in the healthiest way possible.
One of the most important reasons for weight gain is that we consume more calories than our body needs and these evil calories often lack major nutrients. So before you start with any weight loss diet you should first cleanse your body of all calories and toxins you've consumed through food, water and the environment in general. (More: The Juice Diet: Should you or should you not?)
What good can fresh juice do for you -
1. You're always short on time and in a hurry which is why fast-food has been a convenient option. But this convenience comes at a price. Fast food is high on calories and obviously very unhealthy. Instead of grabbing the next big burger, opt for fresh juice. Not only does it curb overeating and help with weight loss, but is also rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes and other super nutrients.
2. Since fresh juice is made at home or at some place credible, you can be sure of the fact that it's free from all preservatives and chemicals.
3. Not only does it make you feel great, but it also gives you an instant energy boost and keeps you charged up to deal with the day's troubles.
5.It helps with detoxification of the body and also cleanses the liver. Since fat mobilization is a function of the liver, cleansing it helps with weight loss.
Which fruits and vegetables are the real superheroes?
Vegetables like spinach, celery, kale , mustard, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, beetroots, cucumber, bottle gourd, tomatoes can be included. So can fruits like apple, pomegranate, papaya, peaches, and strawberries. Other options are wheat grass, fresh aloe vera and fresh amla.
How do you include them in your daily routine?
Have one glass of fresh juice (of your choice) every morning. If you choose to go for a detoxification diet then pick one day in a week where you only consume raw vegetable salad, fresh juice and fruits.
Besides assisting with weight loss, fresh juices work really well with people suffering from certain ailments or looking to address a specific health concern -
1. Detoxification, skin disorder, tooth trouble - Wheat grass juice is the way to go. Wheat grass contains Vitamins A, B, C and minerals like Ca, Mg, P , K , Na , S, Co , Zn which help treat these disorders in an effective manner.
2. Anemia - Make yourself a glass of cabbage, carrot, celery, beet root or spinach juice.
3. Anorexia - Mix some carrot juice with water or have a tall glass of chilled buttermilk. You could also include considerable quantities of apple and pineapple in your diet.
4. Arthritis, (Osteoarthritis) - Mix carrots, celery and beetroot in equal quantities and drink. You could also have half a glass of raw potato juice.
5. Asthma - Have a glass of water with lemon juice and honey.
6. Cirrhosis - You can include any or all of these in your diet. Apple, pears or pineapple juice.
7. Colitis - Have a glass or more of papaya juice with boiled water.
8. Constipation - Use beautiful spinach leaves and use them to make a glass of juice or a bowl of soup. Also eat whole guavas and pears.
9. Cystitis - Eat those fruits: Apple, pear, grapes* and coconut*
11. Diarrhoea - Tank up on some delicious orange juice*. Or have a bowl of carrot soup and eat a lot of pomegranate.
12. Hair fall - Mix lettuce with spinach and drink it as juice.
13. Fatigue - Blend beet root, carrot and cucumber and drink up.
14. Heart problems - Have some honey with water or drink amla juice. And if you aren't already, then start to eat apples.
15. Hypertension - Include a lot of garlic in your diet. Also have watermelon juice, amla juice and cucumber juice.
16. Hypotension - All you need is a lot of beet root juice.
17. Indigestion - Two delicious solutions: pineapple juice and lemon juice.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.