Finally, it's Friday; meaning we are gradually getting into our weekend mode. Weekends are all about relaxation. While some like to chill at home with good movies, web-series and games, some enjoy catching up with friends over drinks. Whatever the situation is, what remains common here is food. Be it at home or at any café, food is our constant companion over the weekends. In fact, we go on a bingeing spree, keeping all our diet thoughts at bay. If you too are a foodie like us, then this article is just for you. Here we bring an amazing recipe that will instantly make your weekend an indulgent one. That's right. To amp up your stay-at-home weekend, here's a simple version of a popular recipe that can be easily replicated in your kitchen. It's the street-style honey-chilli potato. Much excited?
Honey chilli potato is considered a classic example of desi-Chinese, where potatoes are fried to perfection and tossed on wok with ginger, garlic, chilli, veggies, honey, sauces and more. This dish is greasy, decadent and oh-so-delicious. Already slurping? Then put on your chef's hat and get going. This recipe has been shared by chef and food vlogger Ananya Banerjee on her YouTube channel (named Ananya Banerjee). Take a look.
How To Make Quick And Easy Crispy Honey Chilli Potato:
- De-skin potatoes, cut them into wedges and par-boil. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, take maida, corn flour, red chilli powder, salt, black pepper, garlic paste and red chilli paste. Mix everything well.
- Add a little amount of water and prepare a thick batter.
- Throw in the potato wedges in the batter, coat each of them well and deep fry.
- Take oil in a frying pan and add garlic to it.
- Add chilli flakes and red chilli flakes and saute.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, corn slurry and cook.
- Add the fried potato wedges to the mix.
- Add honey and toasted sesame seeds (white) and mix.
- Transfer honey chilli potato in a bowl, garnish with spring onion and serve hot.
Watch the detailed recipe video here:
Prepare this quick and easy recipe honey chilli potato at home and enjoy a scrumptious weekend.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.