500 gms of boneless chicken
4 Tbsp chickpea flour or besan
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 Tbsp onion paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 litre of chicken stock
2 packets of coconut milk powder
1 Tbsp red chilli powder
1 Tbsp sesame oil
Salt (to taste)
A splash of soy sauceToppings:
Boiled potatoes (chopped)
Boiled eggs (chopped)
Roasted peanuts (finely chopped)
Browned garlic, shredded
Red chilli paste
1. Add four spoons of chickpea flour or besan in a pan, and let it brown on medium heat. The colour will turn medium orange. Keep aside. You can store this in an airtight jar for weeks.
2. Put oil in the pan. Add 2 tbsp onion and garlic paste and a liter of chicken stock.
3. Add salt and let it simmer. Then mix coconut milk and let it boil for sometime.
4. In the meantime, dissolve the roasted besan in half a cup of water. Then add it to the above mix.
5. Take another a deep pan, add oil and then the chopped garlic. Add the boneless chicken. Add red chilli powder and salt to taste. Stir fry the chicken till it's cooked.
6. To make the red chilli paste, burn a few red chillies a little oil and pour 2 tablespoons of dark soya sauce. Grind it in a mixie, till it's coarse.
7. Now put noodles in a bowl, add the chicken and soup, then garnish with toppings (according to taste). 2. Chilli Con CarneRecipe by Manju Malhi
Minced lamb cooked with onions, tomato puree, beans and flavoured with garlic, coriander and a whole lot of chilli. Serve on a bed of steamed rice and voila!Ingredients: