Story ProgressBack to home
Almond Milk Thandai Recipe
A wonderful, refreshing beverage made with almond milk, spices and protein-rich seeds.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Almond Milk Thandai
- For the powder mix:
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder or 2-3 green cardamom (elaichi)
- 2 tsp of poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds (saunf)
- 5-6 black peppercorns (kali mirch)
- 3/4 tsp saffron (kesar) - optional
- 1 tsp roasted watermelon seeds or sunflower seeds
- A pinch of nutmeg - optional
- For the drink:
- 4 cups of almond milk
- Seedless Dates/Raw Sugar/Palm Sugar to taste
- For garnishing:
- Chopped Pistachios
- Silver Leaves
- Pinch of Saffron
How to Make Almond Milk ThandaiHideShow Media
Take all the ingredients in a grinder and grind really fine .
Note : For a larger batch of the spice mix, dry grind and keep in an airtight container, refrigerated for a few days. You can also alter the quantities to suit your personal taste and preference.
Boil the milk with whichever sugar you are using and few strands of saffron (if using).
Add the ground powder and mix it well.Add more water if needed to get the desired consistency.
Strain the mixture to remove any particles to make a smooth Milk.
Cool and let it refrigerate for a minimum of one hour or even overnight to let the spices infuse in the drink.
Give it a mix before serving. Garnish and serve. If you have rose water or dried crushed rose petals, add some to taste.