How to make Aloo Posto
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Aloo Posto Recipe: Potatoes fried in a thick coating of poppy seeds is a signature dish from Bengal. This is best enjoyed with rice, roti or some crispy hot parathas,
Ingredients of Aloo Posto
- 3-4 potatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 Green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 dried red chillies
- to taste salt
- for garnishing Fresh coriander
How to Make Aloo Posto
- 1.Roast the poppy seeds for about a minute. Grind the roasted poppy seeds and green chillies into a paste with some water.
- 2.Deep-fry the potatoes till they turn golden brown. Keep aside.
- 3.In another pan heat 1 1/2 table spoon of oil. Add the cumin seeds, turmeric powder and dried red chillies.
- 4.Stir well till they begin to crackle. Add the poppy seed paste and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 5.Now mix in the potatoes, pour a dash of water and leave it to simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- 6.Garnish and serve.
Key Ingredients: potatoes, poppy seeds, Green chillies, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, dried red chillies, salt, Fresh coriander , Oil