How To Make Atho
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Atho Recipe: A Burmese delicacy popular across Chennai as a street food, Atho is a perfect meal for your lazy dinner. Zesty, spicy and absolutely delicious!
Ingredients of Atho
- 200 gms noodles
- 2 onion, julienne
- 5-6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup Bengal gram flour
- A pinch of orange food colur
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup tamarind extract
- to taste salt
- 70 ml sesame oil
How to Make Atho
- 1.Chop onion into very thin slices. Peel the garlic and chop into thin slices.
- 2.Heat 8 to 10 cups water in a saucepan. Let it boil and add salt.
- 3.Now add noodles to it. Stir well and let it cook. When half done, add the orange food colour to it.
- 4.When full cooked, drain it into a colander.
- 5.Rinse in cold water and spread over a plate. Toss with a teaspoon of oil so the noodles doesn't become sticky.
- 6.Now heat sesame oil in a deep pan and add thinly sliced onions and fry till deep brown. Set aside when done.
- 7.Repeat with garlic and keep the garlic infused oil aside.
- 8.Now in a deep bowl, add deep-fried onions, shredded cabbage, tamarind extract to taste, salt and lime juice together. Mix thoroughly with hands.
- 9.Now add the cooked noodles, chilli flakes, gram flour, sesame oil and coriander leaves to it. Mix well.
- 10.Atho is ready to be served, You can serve it along with soup.
Key Ingredients: noodles, onion, garlic cloves, cabbage, coriander leaves, chilli flakes, Bengal gram flour, orange food colur, oil, Lemon (juiced), tamarind extract, salt, Water, sesame oil