How to make Baked Spinach with Mushroom and Cheese Sauce
About Baked Spinach with Mushroom and Cheese Sauce recipe: An exotic dish with the goodness of spinach, mushrooms and cheese. A smooth spinach bake topped with a rich and cheesy mushroom-cheese sauce. A hot and hearty meal.
Ingredients of Baked Spinach with Mushroom and Cheese Sauce
- For the Spinach Bake:
- 50 Gram Spinach
- 1 1/2 Egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 Tbsp Cream
- A dash of nutmeg
- 20 Gram Porcini mushrooms
- 20 Gram Chanterelle mushrooms
- Butter (for the mushrooms)
- For the Cheese Sauce:
- Taleggio cheese
- 110 Ml Wine
How to Make Baked Spinach with Mushroom and Cheese Sauce
- 1.Boil water and blanch the spinach. Once done, shift it to some cold icy water for a while. Do not throw away the water used to cook the spinach.
- 2.Clarify the eggs. Drain out all the water from the spinach completely.
- 3.Add the spinach, 1 Tbsp cream, 3/4 egg yolk, salt, pepper and a hint of nutmeg in a mixer and blend together.
- 4.Now butter the dish, which is to be used, a little bit. Add some grated Parmesan cheese into the dish.
- 5.Lay out the spinach mixture smoothly into the dish.
- 6.Now heat up the spinach water and put it into a big bowl. Place the dish with the spinach mixture inside the water for it to cook.
- 7.Put this entire set inside the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degree c.
- 8.For the Mushroom and Cheese Sauce:
- 9.Cook the mushrooms in water till they are nice and moist.
- 10.Add a bit of butter into it.
- 11.In another pan mix together the wine and the cheese and let it cook on low heat.
- 12.Add the sauteed mushrooms into the sauce, mix well and remove from heat.
- 13.Place this rich and cheesy sauce over the baked spinach.
Key Ingredients: Spinach
, Egg yolks (beaten), Cream
, Pepper, Porcini mushrooms, Chanterelle mushrooms, Butter (for the mushrooms), Taleggio cheese, Wine