How to make Bamboo Biryani
About Bamboo Biryani Recipe: Ever had biryani cooked inside a foot long bamboo? Yes, inside! Bamboo biryani has long-grained rice cooked to perfection with authentic spices and your favourite meat inside a bamboo, which promises to give a punch to your taste buds. A delectable, inventive biryani recipe that will indeed connect you with the scent of nature, perfect to serve with freshly made raita.
Ingredients of Bamboo Biryani
- 500 gms chicken
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp biryani masala
- 2 inch pieces ginger
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 4 Green chillies
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- 1/2 cup curd
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tsp ghee/oil
- Whole spices
- Saffron water
- Fried onions
How to Make Bamboo Biryani
- 1.Take chicken into a mixing bowl. Add whole garam masala spices, salt as required, turmeric powder, red chili powder, biryani masala, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, fried onions, half a lemon, yogurt, mint leaves, coriander leaves, oil and mix well. Leave it to marinade for an hour.
- Marinating the rice:
- 1.Take raw basmati rice into a mixing bowl.
- 2.Add oil, salt, whole garam masala spices, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, biryani masala, onions, green chilies, mint leaves and mix well.
- 3.Keep it aside for an hour.
- 1.Clean the bamboo until you find no dust inside.
- 2.Grease the inner part with oil.
- 3.Put 2 spoonful’s of chicken marinade first and then 4 to 5 spoons of rice. Repeat the process again.
- 4.Add 1 ¼ cups of water. Water runs down to the bottom through the gaps.
- 5.Cover the bamboo with an aluminum foil.
- Making bamboo biryani:
- 1.Set fire and put the bamboos on it.
- 2.Leave for 30 to 35 minutes turning in between.
- 3.Later remove it from the fire and leave for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4.Serve hot on a banana leaf.
Key Ingredients: chicken, salt, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, cumin seeds, biryani masala, ginger, Garlic cloves, Green chillies, Coriander leaves, Mint leaves, curd, basmati rice, ghee/oil, Whole spices, Saffron water, Fried onions