How to make Bavarois
About Bavarois recipe: This dessert has four core ingredients: Milk, eggs, sugar and gelatin. Heavenly layers of coffee, vanilla and chocolate flavored dessert with a thick strawberry coulis, grated chocolate and just a pinch of cinnamon.
Ingredients of Bavarois
- 250 Ml milk
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 4-5 tbsp sugar
- 100 gms chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp coffee
- 4-5 Dried mint leaves
- Lemon rind
- 24 gms gelatin
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 bowl cream, small
- For Garnishing:
- 1/2 cup strawberry coulis
- 2 tsp chocolate, grated
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
How to Make Bavarois
- 1.For this recipe you would need 2 pans.
- 2.One in which you add 250 ml milk and bring it to a boil. Till then in a small bowl add 2 egg yolks and beat them with a fork till smooth. Add sugar to it and stir it till the sugar fully dissolves. Once the milk comes to a boil add the egg-sugar mixture to it.
- 3.In the second pan boil some water. (Preferably a flat pan to act as a double boiler).
- 4.Take another bowl and add 100 gms chocolate and 1/4 cup butter. Put that bowl on the pan with water in it. Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- 5.In another bowl take the cream and whip it with an electric beater till it forms stiff peaks.
- 6.Now, take 3 small katori like bowls.
- 7.Bowl 1: 1/2 tsp coffee powder, 8 gms gelatin and milk
- 8.Bowl 2: dried mint leaves, 8 gms gelatin, milk, the melted butter chocolate mixture
- 9.Bowl 3: Lemon rind, 8 gms gelatin, milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 10.Now in the bowl with the vanilla mixture fold 1/3 rd of the whipped cream. Pour it in the mould and set it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- 11.Fold 1/3 rd of the whipped cream in the coffee flavored mixture and pour it over the already set vanilla mixture. Keep it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- 12.Add the rest of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and pour it over the set coffee and vanilla mixture. Keep in the fridge to set.
- 13.Take it out and invert the bavarois on a plate. Pour strawberry coulis around it. (Coulis is a thick sauce made from puree of fruits or vegetables.)
- 14.Sprinkle some grated chocolate and a pinch of cinnamon powder on top of it.
- 15.Serve chilled.
Key Ingredients: milk, egg yolks (beaten), sugar, chocolate, butter, coffee, Dried mint leaves, Lemon rind, gelatin, vanilla essence, cream, strawberry coulis, chocolate, cinnamon powder