Black Bean Salad Recipe
Winner of the weekly Guilt Free contest makes a healthy low-fat black bean salad. Do not like black beans? Not to worry, swap it with red kidney beans or chickpeas.
- Total Cook Time 20 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Black Bean Salad
- 1 can (15 oz) cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of corn, boiled
- 1 Tbsp of jalapenos, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp of goya adoba all purpose seasoning
- 1 Tbsp of goya sazonador total seasoning
- Dash of Pepper
- Dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil or chipotle mayonnaise
- To Garnish:
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp of cilantro, finely chopped
How to Make Black Bean SaladHideShow Media
Boil the corn in microwave for 2-3 minutes.
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Cover and chill it for 15-30 minutes.
Right before serving, garnish it with chopped green onion and cilantro.
If you don't get black beans, try the same recipe with chick peas/chenna, rajma etc.
Black bean salad is ready to serve.
Gayathri Ramanan, winner of the Guilt Free contest: Week 8.