Chicken Cantonese Soup Recipe
About Chicken Cantonese Soup: Chicken simmered with onions, carrots, celery, salt, soya, chili sauce and vinegar.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Chicken Cantonese Soup
- 1 breast of chicken - de-boned and cubed
- 1 spring onion - chopped fine
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup water to dissolve cornflour
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar or to taste
How to Make Chicken Cantonese SoupHideShow Media
Put stock in a sauce pan, place over high heat and bring to a boil.
Add chicken pieces and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add the cornflour mixture and cook till the chicken is tender.
Add the onions, carrots, celery, salt, soya sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar and simmer for 2-3 minutes and serve.