Story ProgressBack to home
Chickpea Soup Recipe
How to make Chickpea Soup
About Chickpea Soup Recipe | Soup Recipe: Chickpea soup enhanced with leeks, celery, zucchini, squash, bell peppers and white wine flavours.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings1
Ingredients of Chickpea Soup
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium Onion
- 1/2 cup Leeks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Chives, finely chopped
- Few Rosemary leaves
- Few sprigs Thyme
- Few sprigs Sage
- 1/4 Zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 Yellow squash, finely chopped
- 1 litre Chickpea stock
- 1/4 Red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 Yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 Green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 150 gram Chickpeas (skinned)
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 20 ml White wine
- 30-40 gram Cheddar cheese, grated
How to Make Chickpea SoupHideShow Media
In a hot pan add the leeks, celery, onions, garlic, chives, rosemary, thyme and sage.
Add the chopped zucchini, squash, and bell peppers.
Add some red chilli flakes, white wine, chickpeas and the chickpea stock.
Stir and bring to a boil.
After the soup boils let it simmer for a few minutes and then blitz it.
While the soup is simmering you can sauté the leftover chickpeas, bell peppers, zucchini and yellow squash in olive oil as topping.
Garnish with grated cheddar cheese.