Chilled Darjeeling First Flush with Mango & Mint Recipe
Taste one of the world's best teas with a twist of mango and mint. Tip: Use ripe Alphonso mango preferably.
- Total Cook Time 20 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Chilled Darjeeling First Flush with Mango & Mint
- 8 tsp of darjeeling first flush tea
- 4 cups of water
- 4 tsp of honey
- 1 lime for lime juice and zest
- Mango (preferably ripe Alphonso mango, peeled and sliced)
- 8 fresh mint leaves
How to Make Chilled Darjeeling First Flush with Mango & MintHideShow Media
1. Bring water to a boil, and then remove from fire to cool.
2. Then add the tea leaves to a large pot and allow to steep for 4-5 minutes.
3. Strain tea into a clean jug and keep in the deep freezer.
4. Add honey, lime juice and zest from 1 lime to the tea.
5. Add iced water (sans the ice) to the tea to make enough for 4 glasses and also to dilute the tea which would otherwise be very intensely flavoured.
6. Add mangoes and mint to the chilled tea and serve in tall glasses.