How to make Christmas Dry Fruit Cake
About Christmas Dry Fruit Cake Recipe: Bursting with the flavour of dry fruits, soaked in brandy, the traditional christmas cake takes a bit of effort but each delicious bite makes it worth your while.
Ingredients of Christmas Dry Fruit Cake
- 2 Tbsp butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp all spice powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups currants; golden raisins; dark raisins (each)
- 1 1/2 cups soft dried figs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dates (pitted), chopped
- 1 cup prunes (stoned dried), chopped
- 1 3/4 cups apricots (dried), chopped
- 3/4 cup almonds (chopped), blanched
- 10 tbsp brandy
- 2 tsp instant espresso (mixed with 1 Tbsp water)
How to Make Christmas Dry Fruit Cake
- 1.Preheat the oven to 300°F. Grease a round 9- or 10-inch cake pan, and line bottom and sides with several layers of waxed paper.
- 2.In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high, beat the butter and sugar until it looks thick and creamy.
- 3.Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- 4.Sift together the flour, salt, and spices, then fold into the creamed mixture.
- 5.Add the fruit, almonds, 2/3 cup brandy, and espresso, folding in well.
- 6.Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- 7.Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8.Reduce the temperature to 275°F and bake for 3 1/2 hours.
- 9.Remove the pan from the oven, cover it with a thickish cloth so that the cake will cool slowly.
- 10.When the cake is cool, prick the top and sprinkle some brandy.
- 11.Wrap in waxed paper and store in an airtight container. Keep in a cool place for up to 3 months.
Key Ingredients: butter (at room temperature), dark brown sugar, Eggs, flour, salt, all spice powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, currants; golden raisins; dark raisins (each), soft dried figs, dates (pitted), prunes (stoned dried), apricots (dried), almonds (chopped), brandy, instant espresso (mixed with 1 Tbsp water)