How to make Christmas Plum Cake
Recipe Servings: 10
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Christmas Plum Cake Recipe: Soak in the goodness of rich dry fruits along with the concoction of Brandy, lemon and orange with this delicious Christmas plum cake recipe.
Ingredients of Christmas Plum Cake
- 750 gms mixed dry fruits (raisins, black currants, cranberries, sultana, prunes, figs)
- 200 ml rum
- 1 Lemon zest
- 1 Orange zest
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 50 gms tooti fruity
- 250 gms butter
- 200 gms brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100 gms almond powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 Eggs
- Icing sugar (for decoration)
- Christmas toppings (for decoration (small santa, mini reindeers)
How to Make Christmas Plum Cake
- 1.Put all the dry fruits in a pan.
- 2.Now add the rum and let it boil.
- 3.Cover the pan and keep aside overnight to let it cool and the fruits to soak in brandy.
- 4.Next morning, pre heat oven to 170 degrees. Now sift maida, baking powder and almond powder in a bowl. Add in all the spice powders and sift again.
- 5.In a pan, beat eggs well.
- 6.In another deep bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together. Add lemon and orange zest.
- 7.Add in the beaten eggs and mix everything thoroughly. Pour vanilla essence and mix again.
- 8.Now add the sieved powder mix and whisk thoroughly.
- 9.Add tooti fruity and whisk more, followed by the soaked dry fruits.
- 10.Pour some orange juice and whisk well.
- 11.Now transfer the stuff in a greased pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 12.When the cake is cooled, drizzle icing sugar on top.
Decorate it with Christmas decorations and serve.
Key Ingredients: mixed dry fruits (raisins, black currants, cranberries, sultana, prunes, figs), rum, Lemon zest, Orange zest, clove powder, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, tooti fruity, butter, brown sugar, baking powder, almond powder, vanilla essence, Eggs, Icing sugar (for decoration), Christmas toppings (for decoration (small santa, mini reindeers)