No Christmas is ever complete without a delicious, generous serving of Christmas pudding. It plays a large part in the traditional Christmas dinner. This dry fruit, liqueur and fruit special Christmas Pudding is a slightly lighter version than the original yet it is stacked with flavour just the same. The large number of ingredients in this recipe may seem a little daunting but simply assemble all your ingredients in advance, and the rest is easy.
Ingredients of Christmas Pudding
- 6 Kg Currants
- 12 Kg Sultanas
- 12 Kg Raisins
- 5 Kg Mixed peel
- 2.25 Kg Prunes
- 750 Gram Stem ginger
- 2.6 Kg Muscavado sugar
- Mixed spice
- 7.5 pints Guiness
- 570 Ml Grand Marnier
- 1.2 Litre Brandy
- 1.2 Litre Maderia
- 1.2 Litre Sherry
- 1.2 Litre Dark rum
- 7.5 pints London pride/Perroni
- 4 Kg Apple (½ cooking + ½ braebun)
- 2.250 Kg Orange segments
- 5 Orange zest
- 5 Lemon zest
- For the end:
- 1.8 Kg Whole egg
- 2.7 Kg Flour
- 1.5 Kg Bread crumb
- 1.5 Kg Vegetarian suet
How to Make Christmas Pudding
- 1.Mix all the dry ingredients in a container.
- 2.Pour all the liqueur over the mixed dry ingredients and leave it to soak for 2 months in the fridge.
- 3.Churn the mix everyday so that fruit absorbs liqueur equally.
- 4.Grate apples, chop orange segments and mix with zest.
- 5.Mix flour and bread crumb to the above mix.
- 6.Add whole egg and vegetarian suet.
- 7.Finally mix it with the fruit mix.
- 8.Keep the mix in desired moulds & steam it at 90 degree C for 4 and half hour.
Key Ingredients: Currants, Sultanas, Raisins, Mixed peel, Prunes, Stem ginger, Muscavado sugar, Mixed spice, Guiness, Grand Marnier, Brandy, Maderia, Sherry, Dark rum, London pride/Perroni, Apple (½ cooking + ½ braebun), Orange segments, Orange zest, Lemon zest, For the end:, Whole egg, Flour, Bread crumb, Vegetarian suet