Dry Mango Kuzhambu Recipe
A delicious curry with the tangy combination of mango and tamarind and the perfect punch of spice.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Dry Mango Kuzhambu
- 12-14 dried mangoes-bits
- tamarind-gooseberry shaped ball
- salt- to taste
- 1 pinch of asafoetida
- 1tsp of sambhar powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- To Roast and Grind
- 2tsp of coriander seeds
- 3 red chilly
- 2tsp of tur dal
- 2tsp of channa dal
- 2tsp of urad dal
- 1tsp of Black pepper- 1tsp Cumin/Jeera- 1/2tsp
- To Temper
- 1tsp of mustard seeds
- 1tsp of urad dal
- 1 sprig of curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp of oil
How to Make Dry Mango KuzhambuHideShow Media
1. Soak tamarind in water.
2. Dry roast all the ingredients given in the to roast and grind table.Be careful not to burn them.Saute continuosly. Cool and put in a blender. Grind coarsely.
3. Put the dried mango in water and boil it till they become soft. It should be soft and tender like this.
4. Meanwhile take out the tamarind extract,put it in a heavy bottomed pan and add salt,asafoetida and sambhar powder to it.Let it boil till the raw smell goes away.
5. Now add boiled mango pieces.
6. Add the grounded powder and curry leaves and let it simmer for sometime.
7. Once thickened temper with some oil, mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Serve hot with rice.
- Soak tamarind the recommended quantity as the mangoes are also sour.
- You can add add more pepper if you want it spicier.
- If you don't have dried mango use fresh mango.