Golden Coin Eggs Recipe
How to make Golden Coin Eggs
Sliced boiled eggs in roundels, coated in corn starch and pan-fried in butter and ginger-garlic paste until golden brown. Top it with some chilli flakes and any sauce of your choice and make this quick recipe to impress your guests.
- Total Cook Time 15 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 10 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Golden Coin Eggs
- 2-3 Eggs (hard boiled & shelled, slice them up into 1” roundels)
- Water (as required, to boil the eggs)
- To taste or 1tsp Salt (to be used in two batches)
- 1 tsp Ginger (finely chopped or minced)
- 1 Garlic (finely chopped or minced)
- 1/2-1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Dark Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Tomato-Chilli Ketchup
- 2 Corn Starch
- 2 Scallions & Chives (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds (optional, for garnishing)
- 1 Cooking Oil (sesame oil, preferably)
- 1 Butter (salted)
How to Make Golden Coin EggsHideShow Media
Slice boiled eggs in roundels, coat them in corn starch.
Pan fry the coated eggs in butter, till they are golden brown on both side. At this stage, the eggs shall start looking like golden coins.
Next, add ginger-garlic paste to the pan and stir fry till paste cooks
Add chilli flakes, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and soya sauce. You can also add sesame seeds of you want.
Season with salt and toss the eggs well. The golden coin eggs are ready!