Story ProgressBack to home
Green Coriander Rice Recipe
This brown rice recipe is loaded with fiber, minerals and vitamins like B6 and niacin. Not just that, you get a dash of protein and the crunchy capsicum provides you with antioxidants like Vitamin C.
- Total Cook Time1 hr
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Green Coriander Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 green capsicum, large
- 1 onion, medium
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 30ml curd
- 2 Tbsp coriander mint and green chilli paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to Make Green Coriander RiceHideShow Media
1. In a non-stick vessel, heat oil and add cumin seeds.
2. Once the seeds crackle, add the bay leaves, stir gently and add chopped onions. Cook the onions till they turn brown.
3. Now add ginger garlic paste, coriander mint paste and curd to the vessel and cook well. Once the masala is cooked well, you will start getting a lovely aroma and this is the correct time to stir in the dry masalas.
4. Cook for 5-6 minutes, time to add the crunchy capsicum. Once done, add the rice and 1 1/2 cups of water.
5. Cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook for 15 minutes or till the rice is done.
6. Garnish with some coriander and serve fresh.