How To Make Gulab Ki Phirni
About Gulab Ki Phirni Recipe: A soothing, decadent phirni recipe with the goodness of rose and crunchy walnuts. Gulab ki phirni is perfect for festive and celebratory occasions to prepare at home.
Ingredients of Gulab Ki Phirni
- 1/4 Cup basmati rice
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp rose syrup
- for garnishing few rose petals
- walnuts (halved)
How to Make Gulab Ki Phirni
- 1.Soak the rice in water for half an hour. Drain water and pulse in a grinder till you get a grainy textured paste.
- 2.Bring milk to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes. It shall also reduce and thicken slightly.
- 3.Add the rice paste while whisking continuously.This will help avoid lumps.
- 4.Bring this to a boil while whisking, and then lower the flame to a simmer. Keep stirring the mixture every couple of minutes till about 15 minutes.
- 5.Add sugar and mix till it dissolves. Switch off the flame and divide the mixture into two parts.
- 6.Mix rose syrup in one part and let the other one the way it is.
- 7.Transfer into earthen pots and ripple both mixtures slightly.
- 8.Place walnut and some rose petals on top of the phirni.
- 9.Cool in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
Key Ingredients: basmati rice, milk, sugar, rose syrup, few rose petals, walnuts (halved)