Story ProgressBack to home
Jalapeno Cheese Fingers Recipe
How to make Jalapeno Cheese Fingers
About Jalapeno Cheese Fingers Recipe: A delicious, cheesy snack recipe by Time Machine restaurant, Noida. Cheddar cheese and jalapeno mixed in a buttery batter of cornmeal, buttermilk, salt and sugar! Baked to perfection with corn and served warm. This is just the right snack recipe for a movie night with friends and family!
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Jalapeno Cheese Fingers
- 1 Cup Yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk (well-shaken)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 pound Cheddar (extra sharp), grated
- 1/4 cup Scallion (white and pale green parts only), finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Pickled jalapenos (drained), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter, melted
- Special equipment:
- 2 Well-seasoned cast-iron corn-stick pans
- (Each with 7 (5- by 1 1/2-inch) molds*, or a well-seasoned 9-inch cast-iron skillet)
How to Make Jalapeno Cheese FingersHideShow Media
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 218°C. Heat corn-stick pans in oven 10 minutes.
Whisk together cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk together buttermilk and egg in another bowl, then add to cornmeal mixture along with cheddar, scallion, jalapeños (to taste), and 2 tablespoons butter, stirring until just combined.
Remove pans from oven and divide remaining 2 tablespoons butter among molds. Quickly divide batter among molds (about 3 tablespoons each)and bake until tops are golden and a wooden pick or skewer comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes (15 to 20 minutes if using skillet).
Cool corn sticks in pans on a rack 3 to 5 minutes before removing from molds. Serve warm.