How to make Jeera Rice
About Jeera Rice Recipe: Rice with cumin that would add a refreshing flavor to your main dish. Pair this with your choice of curry or dal for a hearty meal.
Ingredients of Jeera Rice
- 2 Cups long grained rice
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp salt
- A few drops of lemon
- 2 tbsp oil
How to Make Jeera Rice
- 1.Pick and wash the rice and soak for at least 1 an hour.
- 2.In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds.
- 3.When the cumin seeds begin to splutter, add the sliced onions and saute till transparent but not brown.
- 4.Now add the rice and turn around a few times before adding 3 cups of water.
- 5.Bring the mixture to a boil uncovered.
- 6.When it comes to a boil, sprinkle a few drops of lemon cover the pan and lower the heat.
- 7.The rice should cook in 10 minutes.
- 8.In case you want it to cook slower, place a griddle or something under the pan after it has come to a boil and you have lowered the heat. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: long grained rice, onions, cumin seeds, salt, oil