Kacche Kele ki Asharfi Recipe
How to make kacche kele ki asharfi
Capsicum rings stuffed with a delectable mixture of potatoes, unripe bananas and spices. Try this unusual snack at home.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Kacche Kele ki Asharfi
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 6 unripe green bananas, boiled in their skins
- 4 potatoes, boiled
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 medium capsicums, tops cut off and cleared of seeds and white pith
- 1 1/2 clarified butter (ghee)
How to Make Kacche Kele ki AsharfiHideShow Media
Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add onions and fry golden. Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Finely chop the browned onions.
Peel the bananas and potatoes and mash well.
In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas and potatoes with chopped browned onions, ginger-garlic paste, chopped coriander, chilli powder, gram flour, cardamom powder & salt and mix thoroughly.
Fill this mixture into the cleaned hollow capsicums and stuff well. Using a sharp knife cut the stuffed capsicum horizontally into 2-inch thick slices.
Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan and shallow-fry the stuffed capsicum slices till the capsicum softens slightly and the filling is golden and crisp.
Remove, drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with coriander and mint chutney.