How to make Kesari (Semolina Pudding)
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Kesari is a delectable Indian dessert made with sooji, saffron, nuts and the richness of ghee.
Ingredients of Kesari (Semolina Pudding)
- 200 Gram Semolina
- 75 Gram Ghee
- 50 Gram Cashew nuts
- 10 Gram Raisins
- 50 Gram Condensed milk
- For syrup:
- 75 Gram Sugar
- 400 Ml Water
- A pinch of Saffron
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom powder
- Few drops Lemon yellow color
How to Make Kesari (Semolina Pudding)
- 1.Make a thin sugar syrup with the listed ingredients.
- 2.Heat ghee in a heavy based pan.
- 3.Fry the cashew nuts until golden and add the raisins.
- 4.Add the semolina and fry until slightly brown in color.
- 5.Add the syrup and cook until all the water has been absorbed.
- 6.Mix in condensed milk and stir until traces of ghee begin to show at the sides of the pan.
- 7.Spread on a greased plate and garnish with nuts.
- 8.Cut into desired shape and size.
- 9.Serve warm.
Key Ingredients: Semolina
, Ghee, Cashew nuts, Raisins
, Condensed milk, For syrup:, Sugar
, Water, Saffron
, Cardamom powder, Lemon yellow color