Khao Soi Recipe
Khao Soi: An unique chicken preparation filled with Burmese flavors. Chicken and noodles tossed together in a coconut milk gravy.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Khao Soi
- 1 chicken-cooked, de-boned and cut into small pieces
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut milk, thick
- 3 large onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- Some small coriander leaves, chopped
- Green chillies, chopped
- 500 gm rice noodles, cooked
- Chilli oil (1 tsp of chilli powder and 2 tbsp of olive oil cooked together for a minute)
How to Make Khao SoiHideShow Media
Cook thick coconut milk in a saucepan, stirring constantly, until it becomes very oily.
Add half the onions and all the garlic and fry, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly for a few minutes. Set aside.
Mix chickpea flour with cold water to form a thin cream. Add thin coconut milk to the pan and when it comes to a boil stir in the chickpea flour mixture. Cook and stir constantly until it thickens a little.
Add the chicken and onion mixture, and simmer 3-5 minutes.
Stir in chilli oil and remove from the heat.
Serve in a large bowl with noodles, sliced hard boiled eggs, raw onions, coriander and green chillies on the side.