How to make Mango and Mint Kheer
About Mango and Mint Kheer Recipe: Rice cooked in milk, saffron, loads of nuts and flavored with mango puree and mint leaves. A fruity twist to an all time favorite Indian dessert. Enjoy this rich and creamy mango and mint kheer recipe.
Ingredients of Mango and Mint Kheer
- 2 1/2 Cups milk
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar / sugar substitute
- A pinch of saffron
- 1 cup mango puree
- 7-8 almonds, chopped
- 10-15 Raisins
- A small bunch of mint leaves
- 3-4 Green cardamom
- 2-3 Cloves
- for garnishing almonds
How to Make Mango and Mint Kheer
- 1.In a pan, stir milk, basmati rice and sugar/ sugar substitute together.
- 2.Add saffron and gently stir them together.
- 3.Once the mix comes to boil, add mango puree.
- 4.Sprinkle some almond, raisins and fresh mint leaves.
- 5.Stir gently and cover it, letting the rice cook on low heat till the rice is fully cooked and the kheer is creamy & thick.
- 6.Add little green cardamom into it. Place it in a bowl and sprinkle some chopped almond over it .
- 7.Keep it in the fridge to cool and serve cold.
Key Ingredients: milk, basmati rice, powdered sugar / sugar substitute, saffron, mango puree, almonds, Raisins, Green cardamom, Cloves, almonds