How to make Mawa Anjeer Roll
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Mawa Anjeer Roll Recipe: A delicious Indian dessert which tastes even better than it looks. This tricoloured roll combines the flavours of pistachios, figs and almonds perfectly.
Ingredients of Mawa Anjeer Roll
- 1.5 Litre milk (6% fat)
- 200 gms sugar
- 50 gms pistachio paste
- A few strands of saffron
- 50 gms mango pulp
- 80 gms anjeer
- 15 gms almonds
- 1 gms golden varq
How to Make Mawa Anjeer Roll
- 1.Take milk in a thick bottomed pan, add sugar, and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame to slow, so that in doesn't burn from the bottom.
- 2.Continue stirring until it thickens like milk solid (mawa).
- 3.Divide the mawa into two equal parts, add pista paste in one and add mango pulp in another.
- 4.Boil anjeer in a saucepan, add sugar and cook to make a smooth paste.
- 5.Make small rolls of anjeer and the coloured mawa pastes.
- 6.Put the anjeer and mawa pastes together to form tricoloured rolls.
- 7.Garnish with almond slivers and golden varq. Serve cold.
Key Ingredients: milk (6% fat), sugar, pistachio paste, mango pulp, anjeer, almonds, golden varq