Milk Mendiant Recipe
A Mendiant is a traditional French confection composed of a chocolate disk studded with nuts and dried fruits. Use your own combinations to make interesting and delectable mendiants at home!
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Milk Mendiant
- 500 gms milk cooking chocolate
- 1 per piece cashew
- 1 per piece almond
- 1 per piece prunes (small, diced)
- 1 per piece apricot (small, diced)
- 1 per piece raisin
How to Make Milk MendiantHideShow Media
1. Melt the milk chocolate in a microwave oven or a double boiler.
2. Cool it down to 26 degrees and warm upto 28 degress to temper the chocolate and ensure a good crystallisation.
3. Put the chocolate into moulds and scrape off excess chocolate.
4. Tap the mould onto a surface to avoid air bubbles.
5. Set cashew, almond, prunes, apricots and raisin while the chocolate is still in semi liquid state.
6. Demould and serve.