How To Make Nariyal ki Barfi
Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Nariyal ki Barfi Recipe: A sweet temptation made with fine coconuts, khoya, ghee and sugar. Make this traditional sweet at home with just five simple ingredients.
Ingredients of Nariyal ki Barfi
- 1 Cup coconut, grated
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3/4 cup khoya
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- A greased plate to set the barfi in
How to Make Nariyal ki Barfi
- 1.Place the ghee and the khoya in a pan and saute till the khoya looks of a uniform consistency.
- 2.Take it off the heat and leave to cool. Mix in the coconut and keep aside.
- 3.In another pan heat the sugar and water together over low heat, stirring a few times till the sugar dissolves, taking care not to let it come to boil, before the sugar dissolves.
- 4.Cook over high heat till it turns thick, and a drop of it dropped on a cold surface or a cup of cold water, sets at once, into a firm, but not hard, heap.
- 5.Mix immediately into the khoya mixture, stirring vigorously, to blend well.
- 6.As you mix it will begin to set, thus the need to do it as fast as you can.
- 7.Transfer on to the greased plate, pat to level it, and leave to cool and set.
- 8.Cut into desired sized pieces, using a sharp knife.
Key Ingredients: coconut, ghee, khoya, sugar, water,