How to make Pressed Tofu with Vermicelli
About Pressed Tofu with Vermicelli Recipe: Freshly made tofu served on a plate of crisp vermicelli. A perfect snacking option.
Ingredients of Pressed Tofu with Vermicelli
- For the tofu:
- 1 cup soya beans
- 6 cups water
- 2-3 tbsp white vinegar
- For the starter :
- Pressed tofu
- 4-5 tbsp ground nut oil
- 50 gms Indian rice vermicelli (sevian)
- For the Dressing:
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp bhura or ground sugar
- to taste salt
How to Make Pressed Tofu with Vermicelli
- Prepare the tofu:
- 1.Soak the soya beans in water overnight.
- 2.Drain, wash and grind the beans in a blender with 2 cups of water.
- 3.Pour the mixture into a muslin cloth. Gradually add 4 cups of water and stir. Squeeze the pulp to extract the soya milk.
- 4.Heat the extracted milk till it is hot but not boiling. Add the vinegar, increasing or decreasing the quantity till the milk begins to curdle.
- 5.Now pour through a muslin cloth to drain the water and keep pressed. Wait for 20-30 mins to allow the tofu to set.
- Prepare the dressing:
- 1.Cut the tofu into cubes and saute them till golden brown.
- 2.Heat the oil and fry the vermicelli for a few seconds till it is crisp.
- 3.Put all the ingredients of the dressing in a bowl and whisk together.
- 4.Place the vermicelli on a platter, sprinkle some salt over it, top it with the tofu and drizzle the dressing. Serve immediately
Key Ingredients: soya beans, water, white vinegar, Pressed tofu, ground nut oil, Indian rice vermicelli (sevian), Lemon (juiced), vinegar, minced garlic, coriander, bhura or ground sugar, salt