How to make Puffed Rice Squares
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Puffed Rice Squares Recipe: An authentic sweet treat made with puffed rice, jaggery, honey, and nuts. It is usually made during the festival of Dusshera.
Ingredients of Puffed Rice Squares
- 450 gms puffed rice
- 150 gms nuts, chopped
- 175 ml honey
- 50 gms jaggery, grated
- 2 tbsp butter
- Kewda to flavor
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
How to Make Puffed Rice Squares
- 1.Brown puffed rice in a moderate oven until golden.
- 2.And combine it with nuts.
- 3.Then combine honey, jaggery and butter in a pan and bring to a boil.
- 4.Cool and flavour with kewra and cardamom.
- 5.Beat it with a wooden spoon until the mixture lightens.
- 6.Then add the jaggery mixture to the puffed rice mixture and set into half-inch thick rectangle.
- 7.Cool. Cut into squares.
- 8.Garnish with pistachio nuts and silver leaf.
Key Ingredients: puffed rice, nuts, honey, jaggery, butter, Kewda to flavor, cardamom powder