How To Make Rajasthani Banjara Gosht
About Rajasthani Banjara Gosht Recipe: Give your next dish of mutton a Rajasthani spin with this absolutely stellar recipe. Bursting with spices and herbs, Rajasthani Banjara Gosht is an absolute delight on a dinner table.
Ingredients of Rajasthani Banjara Gosht
- 1000 gms mutton
- 100 ml mustard oil
- 100 gms onion
- 50 gms garlic paste
- 50 gms ginger paste
- 2 tbsp deggi chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 50 ml churned thick curd
- 5 gms coriander seed (crushed), roasted
- 5 gms cloves
- 5 gms whole black peppercorns
- 2 Dry red chilli
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp black salt
How to Make Rajasthani Banjara Gosht
- 1.Heat mustard oil in a wok, add bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon stick and dry red chilies and temper for a minute.
- 2.Add chopped onions and cook well until it turns into amber colour and separates the oil.
- 3.Add ginger and garlic paste, cook well for 5 minutes.
- 4.Add deggi chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and black salt, cook well for another 5 minutes.
- 5.Add the mutton pieces to the masala and cook well by covering the wok with lid for 10-15 minutes.
- 6.Now add the churned curd and cook it for another 10 minutes till the meat gets cooked and soft in texture.
- 7.Garnish it with slit green chilli and juliennes of ginger, Serve Hot.
Key Ingredients: mutton, mustard oil, onion, garlic paste, ginger paste, deggi chilli powder, coriander powder , turmeric powder, churned thick curd, coriander seed (crushed), cloves, whole black peppercorns, Dry red chilli, Cinnamon stick, black salt