How to make Roast Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
About Roast Turkey with Cranberry Sauce Recipe: A traditional Christmas recipe that is sure to be the star at your festive feast! A whole turkey, stuffed and basted with spices and pan juices perfectly roasted and simmered in an onion-cranberry gravy. This is the perfect whole meal to gorge on this festive season witht he family.
Ingredients of Roast Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
- 1 whole turkey
- 100 gms butter
- 100 gms onion, chopped
- 100 gms celery, chopped
- 10 gms crumbled sage and thyme
- to taste salt and pepper
- 10 gms garlic minced
- balsamic vinegar
- 20 gms sugar
- 150 gms cranberry
How to Make Roast Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
- 1.In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onions, celery, sage, thyme and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until browned.
- 2.Remove giblets and neck from the turkey cavity, keep for gravy. Rinse turkey inside and out with running water.
- 3.Stir together butter, sage, salt and pepper; rub over turkey, inside and out. Loosely pack stuffing into neck and body cavities, fold over and skewer neck flap closed over stuffing. Tie legs together.
- 4.Place turkey, breast side up on rack in roasting pan.
- 5.Cover with foil and roast in 325°F oven for about 1.5 hours, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes.
- 6.Remove foil and continue to roast or 1 3/4 hours, basting every half hour, or until instant-meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh reads 185°F. Keep it under lamp for carving.
- 7.Meanwhile, in saucepan, bring chicken stock turkey neck, giblets, onion and bay leaf to boil, reduce heat and simmer,.
- 8.While cooked turkey rests, skim excess fat from roasting pan whisk in flour until well combined.
- 9.Gradually whisk in reserved giblet stock; Bring to boil and cook, Season to taste with salt and pepper. Strain and serve alongside turkey.
- 10.For cranberry sauce in small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; stir in onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 11.Put balsamic vinegar; boil for 5 minutes or until reduced now mix together cranberries, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 12.Mix into onion mixture; bring to boil and cook, until cranberries are tender and sauce is thick.
Key Ingredients: whole turkey, butter, onion, celery, crumbled sage and thyme , salt and pepper, garlic minced, balsamic vinegar, sugar, cranberry