How to make Strawberry Fraisier With Almond Dacquoise
About Strawberry Fraisier With Almond Dacquoise Recipe: A Fraisier cake, is derived from the French word “fraise,” meaning strawberry. It's a classic French cake that is traditionally comprised of a sponge cake while a dacquoise is a dessert cake made with layers of almond meringue along with whipped cream. Here is a dessert that is a mix of both and would make your Valentine truly special. Almond sponge cake layered with delicious, light pastry cream and frozen with chopped strawberries atop.
Ingredients of Strawberry Fraisier With Almond Dacquoise
- For Almond Sponge:
- 225 gms yolk
- 315 gms egg white
- 265 gms castor sugar
- 265 gms almond powder
- For Pastry Cream:
- 500 gms milk
- 30 gms custard powder
- 150 gms castor sugar
- 45 gms butter
- 3 nos gelatin leaf
- 450 gms whip cream
How to Make Strawberry Fraisier With Almond Dacquoise
- Prepare Almond Sponge:.
- 1.Make a meringue with egg white and sugar then add egg yolks and fold gently. Finally add almond flour and mix well.
- 2.Pour the batter in greased cake mould and bake at 180 C for 15 minutes.
- For pastry cream:
- 1.Boil the milk and cook the sugar and custard powder until 85 C.
- 2.Then pour the mixer into mixing bowl, add butter and beat slowly.
- 3.Once cold, add gelatin and whipped cream.
- For Layering:
- 1.Place the almond sponge slice in the bottom and pour pastry cream till half the mould and add chopped strawberries.
- 2.Fill the mould with pastry cream and freeze.
Key Ingredients: yolk, egg white, castor sugar, almond powder, milk, custard powder, castor sugar, butter, gelatin leaf, whip cream