How to make Sweet Potato Fries with Amla Aioli
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Sweet Potato Fries with Amla Aioli Recipe: Dipped in a luscious batter, thinly sliced sweet fries are fried crisp and served with a zingy dip.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Fries with Amla Aioli
- 1 Medium Sweet potato
- For the Batter:
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 30-40 ml Club soda
- 1 tsp Mexican chilli powder/ or any chilli powder
- Few Oregano leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- For the Dip:
- 2-3 tbsp Egg less mayonnaise
- 1/2 Garlic (squeezed), roasted
- 1 tbsp Shallots, finely chopped
- 3-4 Jalapenos (pickled)
- 2-3 Fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Amla
- To season Salt and pepper
- Few sprigs Thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp Jalapeno juice
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries with Amla Aioli
- 1.Wash the sweet potato to get rid of any soil.
- 2.Slice fairly thin into a bowl of chilled water.
- 3.In a stainless steel or glass bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the batter.
- 4.Set aside some of the rice and corn flour mixed with salt, pepper, Mexican chilli powder and oregano to dredge the sweet potatoes.
- 5.Drain the sweet potato and pat dry.
- 6.Dredge them with the flour mix, dip in the batter and deep fry in hot oil.
- 7.Blend all the ingredients for the dip together in a bowl.
- 8.Chill and serve with the chips.
Key Ingredients: Sweet potato, Rice flour, Corn flour, Club soda, Mexican chilli powder/ or any chilli powder, Oregano leaves, Salt, Egg less mayonnaise, Garlic (squeezed), Shallots, Jalapenos (pickled), Fresh basil leaves, Amla, Salt and pepper, Thyme, Jalapeno juice