How To Make Hassel back Sweet Potatoes
Hassel back Sweet Potatoes: Come winters and the sweet potatoes or locally called Shakarkandi is available at every street and local market. This Christmas and New Year, try a traditional sweet potato dish to relish with family and friends.
Ingredients of Hassel back Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Medium sweet potatoes
- 6 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt / rock salt
How to Make Hassel back Sweet Potatoes
- 1.Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2.Shave a thin sliver from one side of each potato to give it a flat surface to stand on while you slice it. Make thin slices into the potato about 1/16-inch thick, stopping before you cut all the way through. (Placing a chopstick on either side of the potato while you slice it can help stop the blade before it cuts all the way through.)
- 3.Put each potato on a separate sheet of foil. Shape the foil around the potatoes to wrap them, but leave the tops open and exposed.
- 4.Put the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 5.Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat, swirling occasionally, until browned and nutty, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6.Stir in the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Drizzle the butter mixture over the potatoes and pinch the foil together on top to seal the potato inside.
- 7.Bake for 45 minutes, then let cool for a few moments. Remove the potatoes from the foil, put them on a serving platter and drizzle with the sauce leftover in each foil packet.
- 8.Sprinkle some nuts while serving.
Key Ingredients: sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, pure vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, himalayan pink salt / rock salt