How To Make Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake
About Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake Recipe: A decadent bundt cake with the flavours of vanilla and served with strawberries and whipped cream.
Ingredients of Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake
- 250 gms unsalted butter at room temperature, plus extra for lining the bundt tin
- 250 gms plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 225 gms caster sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out with the edge of a knife
- 4 Eggs (at room temperature)
- To serve:
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries
- Bundt tin
How to Make Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake
- 1.Heat the oven to 180°C. Generously butter the inside of the bundt tin using a brush to get into the corners. You need to be rather generous with the butter, otherwise the cake won’t turn out perfectly.
- 2.Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- 3.In another large bowl, using an electric whisk or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla seeds until very pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Make sure to scrape down the sides in between. Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour mixture carefully, so as to not knock out the air that’s been whisked in.
- 4.Spoon the mixture into the greased bundt tin and then smooth the top, then bake for 35-40 min or until a skewer/toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 5.Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6.Add on edible flowers to decorate, if you’d like. Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream and fresh strawberries or any other berries you’d like.
Key Ingredients: unsalted butter at room temperature, plus extra for lining the bundt tin, plain flour, baking powder, salt, caster sugar, Vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out with the edge of a knife, Eggs (at room temperature), To serve:, Edible flowers (optional), Whipped cream, Fresh strawberries, Bundt tin