Vegetable Kandhari Recipe
Vegetable dumplings bathed in a tangy tomato gravy with fresh cream.
- Total Cook Time1 hr
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Vegetable Kandhari
- 500 gm mixed vegetables-finely chopped
- 3 cups boiled onion paste
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2/3 cup cashew nut paste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
How to Make Vegetable KandhariHideShow Media
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add boiled onion paste and cook till the onions turn pink.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste to the above onion mixture. Now sauté for a minute, then add coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt according to taste.
4. Stir the above mixture in tomato puree. Now, cook for five minutes on high flame, and keep stirring continuously.
5. In another pan, heat 1 tsp oil, add cinnamon powder and stir finely chopped French beans.
6. Stir fry grated carrots for another half a minute. Add shredded spinach and sea salt to taste.
7. When moisture is dried up transfer to a bowl. Add mashed potatoes, green peas, paneer and mix.
8. Add roasted gram flour, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, mix well and shape them into round dumplings.
9. Further, add one and half cups of water and bring to a boil. Then add vegetables and cook till tender, stirring occasionally.
10. Add garam masala powder and pomegranate juice. Simmer for five minutes.
11. Add fried dumplings.
12. Stir in fresh cream. Make cashew nut paste by soaking half-cup cashew nuts in water for half an hour. Grind to a smooth paste.