If you are seeking a unique and delightful dining experience in Delhi, look no further than the Food Bus of India. This double-decker stationary bus offers a diverse selection of dishes from various regions of India, as well as international cuisines. With multiple locations across Delhi, we had the pleasure of visiting the one in Lajpat Nagar.
The bus boasts vibrant and lively decor, adorned with colourful posters, graffiti, and dazzling lights. The lower deck houses a well-equipped kitchen and a counter where you can place your order and collect your food. Upstairs, comfortable sofas and tables provide seating for approximately 20 people. Additionally, the rooftop area offers an opportunity to relish both the view and the refreshing breeze. The upbeat and catchy music enhances the overall jovial atmosphere.
The menu at Food Bus of India is extensive and diverse, catering to all taste preferences. From North Indian and South Indian specialities to Biryani, Fast Food, Beverages, and Desserts, there is something for everyone. The prices are reasonable, and the portions are generous. During my visit, we sampled the following items:
- Peri peri chicken pizza: This thin-crust pizza was topped with spicy peri peri chicken, cheese, onions, capsicum, and olives. The pizza arrived hot and loaded with gooey cheese, while the tender and flavorful chicken provided a delightful kick thanks to the peri peri sauce.
- Fresh veggie pizza: Another thin-crust pizza, this one boasted a medley of fresh vegetables including tomatoes, mushrooms, corn, broccoli, and cheese. The pizza was light, refreshing, and bursting with crunchy and juicy veggies. The gooey melted cheese added a delightful creaminess.
- Pasta Alfredo: This creamy and cheesy pasta featured penne tossed in a velvety white sauce with cheese, garlic, parsley, and mushrooms. The pasta was perfectly cooked to al dente, with the sauce coating each bite. The richness of the sauce, combined with the texture and flavour of the mushrooms, was further enhanced by a garnish of cheese shavings and parsley.
- Chicken dum biryani: Fragrant and rich, this biryani featured basmati rice cooked with chicken pieces, aromatic spices, saffron, and mint. Served with raita and salan, the fluffy rice and succulent chicken blended harmoniously with well-balanced flavours. The accompanying raita and salan perfectly complemented the biryani.
- FBI ki cold coffee: A refreshing and invigorating beverage made with coffee, milk, ice cream, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream. The coffee was bold and smooth, while the ice cream contributed sweetness and creaminess. The drizzle of chocolate syrup added an indulgent touch, and the fluffy whipped cream added a light finish.
- Stuffed gulab jamun: This decadent dessert featured deep-fried khoya balls stuffed with nuts and dry fruits, soaked in sugar syrup. The gulab jamuns were soft and spongy, with the stuffing providing a delightful crunch and nuttiness. The warm and sweet sugar syrup allowed the gulab jamuns to melt in the mouth.
The prompt and friendly service ensures that your dining experience is enjoyable from start to finish. The lively and cheerful ambience adds an extra touch of excitement to your meal. Additionally, guests can enjoy music and games on board. If you're seeking a culinary journey on wheels, Food Bus of India is an absolute must-visit.