Allugedda (Mashed Masala Potatoes) Recipe
Recipe Servings: 3
Mashed potatoes cooked with spices, black gram and tomatoes.
Ingredients of Allugedda (Mashed Masala Potatoes)
- 500 gm potatoes
- 50 ml oil
- 3 gm mustard seeds
- 5 gm skinned black gram
- 100 gm onions
- 5 gm green chillies
- 1 gm curry leaves
- 5 gm asafoetida
- 100 gm tomatoes
- 5 gm turmeric
- 10 gm chilli powder
- 10 gm coriander powder
- 10 gm coriander leaves
- 50 ml water
- Roasted cashew nuts, garnishing
How to Make Allugedda (Mashed Masala Potatoes)
- Boil the potatoes, skin and mash coarsely.
- Slice the onions. Chop the tomatoes and the coriander leaves. Slit the green chillies.
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, when they crackle add the skinned black gram.
- When the gram turns golden, add the onions and the green chillies. Saute the onions till they are translucent.
- Add the curry leaves and the asafoetida and stir for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes and saute.
- Add mashed potatoes and stir.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cashew nuts.
Key Ingredients: Potatoes
, vegetable oil
, mustard seeds
, black gram
, green chillies
, curry leaves
, red chilli
, coriander powder
, coriander leaves
, cashew nuts