A popular tea time snack! Potatoes mashed with salt, chillies, coriander leaves, lemon juice and deep fried. Served with a tangy green chutney.
- 500 gm potatoes-boiled, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp thymol seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 2 green chillies-chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Oil for deep frying
For the batter:
- 1 cup singhare ka atta
- 2 tsp rock salt
How to Make Aloo Bonda
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil, add thymol seeds and curry leaves, saute over high flame till they darken a bit.
- Add potatoes and turn around till well mixed.
- Remove pan from flame, add salt, chillies, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- When cool enough to handle, shape mixture into walnut sized balls.
- For the batter, mix the atta and salt together, add enough water to make into a batter.
- Then heat the oil, till the point where a drop of batter comes up at once.
- Dip potato balls into the batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry to a light brown, remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- When ready to serve, fry once again in hot oil, over high flame to a golden brown and serve with a green chutney.