Recipe of Aloo ki Pakori
Recipe Servings: 4
A popular tea time snack made with potatoes dipped in a batter made with kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour)
- 1 cup kutttu ka atta
- 2 tsp senda namak (rock salt)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Water 250 gm
- Potatoes-peeled and chopped into slices
- Ghee (clarified butter) for deep frying
How to Make Aloo ki Pakori
- With the ingredients for the batter make a batter. Adjust the water as
- Mix the potatoes into the batter. Heat the oil in a kadahi
till some batter dropped into the oil comes up at once.
- Now scoop the
pieces of the vegetables out of the batter and drop them into the hot
- Fry over medium heat, to a very light brown. Remove from oil with
slotted spoon and set aside.
- Continue till all the potatoes are used up.
- When ready to serve, heat oil again and fry the pakories till a golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on an absorbent paper and serve.
- Note - You can substitute with besan flour and regular salt