Baby Lettuce, Citrus Fruits with Feta Salad Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
A refreshing salad with an assortment of salad leaves, citrus fruits, feta cheese and a light dressing.
Ingredients of Baby Lettuce, Citrus Fruits with Feta Salad
- Large salad bowl full (approx 250 gm) : Assorted baby lettuce - romaine,
cos, red leaf, lamb's, curly, endive etc. cleaned thoroughly and chilled
- 250 gm assorted citrus fruits - pomello, grape fruit, malta, orange, sweet lime and lemon.
- 1/2 cup citrus juice, reserved from above
- 1 cup onion rings soaked in water
- 1/2 cup olives, green and black (avoid stuffed olives)
- 1 Tbsp capers, salt washed off
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 200 gms of feta
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Crushed pepper, to taste
How to Make Baby Lettuce, Citrus Fruits with Feta Salad
- When cutting the fruits: Peel the skin, hold the fruits over a bowl and cut into neat wedges. Hold the juice that drips while cutting for later use.
- Mix all the ingredients, except the feta cheese, juice, oil and seasonings together in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk the oil and citrus juice together, season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over the salad.
- Serve immediately.
Key Ingredients: orange
, cherry tomatoes
, feta cheese
, olive oil
, Sea salt
, black pepper