Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Pancakes)
Bahn Xeo are Vietnamese pancakes which are made with rice flour. Stuffed with shrimps, chicken and some bean sprouts these pancakes are a delight to eat.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4-5 pieces shrimp
- 100 gm corn flour
- 50 gm all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 25 gm rice flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 2 red chillies, chopped fine
- 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Cut the chicken and shrimp in small pieces.
- In a bowl add the corn flour, maida, coconut milk, rice flour and mix all well.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add the garlic and chillies to it and saute.
- Now add the chicken to it along with the fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Add some oyster sauce. let the chicken cook for a minute or two.
- Now add the shrimps. Shrimps take lesser time to cook so add them at the last.
- Throw in the onions now. Mix well till the chicken and shrimp is cooked.
- Now for the pancakes, drizzle some olive oil in a pan and pour the batter.
- It should be thin. Don't turn it as yet.
- Once the open top of the pancake looks cooked you can add the filling to it.
- You can top it with some fresh spring onions and bean sprouts.
- And wrap it from one side.
- Repeat the same with the others.
Key Ingredients: Chicken
, all purpose flour
, coconut milk
, rice flour
, black pepper
, olive oil
, red chilli
, soya sauce
, fish sauce
, oyster sauce
, spring onion