Recipe Servings: 4
Crisp outside, buttery and fluffy on the inside. These buttermilk scones are the perfect tea time option. Served with a delectable strawberry jam and whipped cream.
- 500 grams of flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 75 grams of butter
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 300 ml buttermilk
- 1 cookie cutter
- 1 beaten egg
- In a big bowl add flour, bicarbonate soda, cream of tartar, butter along with caster sugar and mix.
- While mixing keep adding some buttermilk, bring it all together, forming dough and take it out on a board.
- Sprinkle some flour on the board and pat the dough to the thickness of your choice.
- Cut small pieces of the dough with the cookie cutter and place them on a baking tray.
- With the help of a brush touch up the pieces with the beaten egg.
- Bake in an oven set at 220degree for about 10-12 minutes.
- To Serve: Server the scones with some whipped cream and strawberry jam on the side.