Recipe Servings: 4
Beautiful spices come together to create this warm carrot and rice soup.
Ingredients of Carrot Soup with Middle Eastern Spices
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onions sliced thin
1 tsp / 3 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 tsp toasted cumin powder
- 250 gms carrots sliced/ diced
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 30 gms rice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
Few sprigs of parsley
Few sprigs of coriander
- 1/2 liter vegetable stock
- Pinch of all spice
- 1 dollop yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
How to Make Carrot Soup with Middle Eastern Spices
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat up some olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, paprika, all spice and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and cook on a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook until the rice and carrots are cooked.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove some of the rice and reserve it as a garnish after the soup has been finished.
- Add the lemon juice, mint and coriander.
- Blend the smooth puree, garnish with rice, mint, coriander, and a dollop of yoghurt.
Key Ingredients: onion
, olive oil
, basmati rice
, coriander leaves
, yoghurt, yogurt
, cumin seeds
, vegetable stock, cumin powder, saffron
, coriander, ginger